- Approval and 24-hour advance notice is required for the transportation of all live animals.
- The shipper and consignee name and phone contact must be provided for all animal shipments.
- Animals may not be tendered for shipment more than 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- All live animal shipments must be prepaid.
- All animals must be healthy and show no signs of illness or abnormal distress. All federal, state, or local health regulations must be met with regard to vaccinations and proof of same.
- Dogs and cats must be at least eight weeks old and must have been weaned for at least five days.
- Animals must be shipped in an approved airline type kennel or other suitable container which meets the minimum standards for size, ventilation, strength, sanitation and design for safe handling. Non-airline type kennels must be approved at the time of acceptance by a manager.
- Animals not claimed within 4 hours of arrival at destination will be boarded in a suitable kennel. All charges for this service will be the responsibility of the consignee and/or the shipper.
- Animals not claimed within 48 hours of arrival at the destination will be returned to the shipper at the shippers expense (including cost of food and upkeep). Shipper must guarantee all charges, in writing, on the airway bill.