Hunting & Fishing General Guidelines
- All seafood, meat and antler shipments must be picked up within 24 hours of arrival in Anchorage or Fairbanks. Everts Air Cargo may be able to accommodate an after hours pick up if arrangements are made 24 hours in advance.
- A storage fee of $20.00/day will apply to shipments not retrieved in a timely manner.
- Meat shipments that are not picked up within 14 days will be disposed of.
- Perishable shipments are sent as “Shipper’s Risk.” A waiver must be completed and attached to all backhaul air waybills indicating that the customer has been made aware of this information. Everts Air Cargo is not responsible for any spoilage or damage that occurs to these items.
- It is recommended that perishable items are packed to withstand 48 hours in transit without refrigeration. Meat will move on a first come, first serve basis.
- There must be a consignee name and phone number on each airway bill, as well as, a name, address and phone number on each item in the shipment.
- To the extent possible, seafood and meat shipments should be placed in coolers or wet lock boxes.
- “Chill” and “Freeze” must be clearly labeled on the freight and notated on the air waybill.
- Perishable items should not be packed with non-perishable ones (Do not mix meat and seafood with gear.)
- Chill and freeze capability is available in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but is not guaranteed during peak hunting and fishing season.
- Chill and freeze capability is not available at most destinations.
- Perishable and non perishable items should not be packaged together.
- All Hazardous Materials must be declared, properly packaged and authorized prior to shipping.
- Antlers should be padded to prevent punctures.
- Freight shipped on one air waybill (for multiple individuals) must be picked up and paid for as a single shipment prior to release of the freight.
Guidelines For Lower 48 Shipments
- Everts Air Cargo cannot transfer shipments to major air carriers as there is a requirement for the customer to be a “Known Shipper.” As a result, all shipments must be picked up at Everts Air Cargo and taken to the airline by the customer.
- The 24-hour grace period for pick-up applies to these shipments as well.
- Antler shipments to the Lower 48 are usually dimensionalized by the carrier and are very costly unless they are cut in half, nested and crated.